Friday, November 14, 2008

Twilight {sigh}

Anyone who even knows me a little knows that I LOVE Twilight. My dear friend Cindy, who treats me better than I deserve brought me THE BOOK while I was in the hospital. It was exactly a year ago. She was all excited, not because I had just given birth to another beautiful baby. Her daughter had just met a crazy guy, who we thought was adorable. She showed me a picture on her phone and recapped all the cute first moments of their life. {side note: the budding love is now blomming with an offical engagement and all the sappy love that comes with it}. Then she said and I quote, "you HAVE to read this book!" I said, "OK". Then she said, "I hope you love it." Now, Cindy and I have differed on books before, but usually she has good stuff. So I said "What if I don't?" then came they reply, "You WILL LOVE THIS BOOK and I am going to go now so you can start reading it." Well, I had a calm baby and plenty of pain meds and Justin had stepped out to grab a bite so I started to read. Then came the interruptions: the nurses kept bugging me, Justin had gotten back and was trying to chat, I had to pee, not to mention all the problems with bleeding, and big boobs. So I was a little crabby. All I wanted to do was hold my baby and READ. When I was done with the book, I read it again and again. Now flash to present day. Well I am reading Twilight again. Just shush and listen. I had to reread it so I am well armed with evidence to discredit the movie. I am going to see it, thanks to Cindy who is treating me since the Scott family is having budget cuts. I am uncertain of this movie and hold ZERO expectations. I think Edward looks like a dufuss and Bella is ok, but she just isn't the Bella in my mind. The truth-tellin is this: VERY rarely are books that become movies any good, but the truth-truth tellin is this: I need to see this movie because I am a sucker for a good love story even if I don't want to admit out loud that I like vampires better than shape shifter wolves (AKA werewolves).

4 Comments:

Blogger Brandon, Heather & Mylie said...

Let us know how the movie is! I've only read the first book, I need to read the rest!

November 14, 2008 at 1:00 PM  
Blogger Maddie said...

lol I am so happy that I am mentioned in your blog : ) and the context is awesome. I wish i were there to go see it with you guys : ( don't have too much fun without me!

November 14, 2008 at 3:07 PM  
Blogger Josie said...

So I'm finally reading it the first time through. I feel like I don't have time to go to church today because I need to get back to reading it. Only about 50 pages left though!

do you have the 2nd one? I'm trying to locate a copy. I'm not ready for this one to be over!

November 16, 2008 at 8:21 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I am so glad you liked it and I can't wait to see the movie! Nice tunes on your blog :) love the gummy song lol

November 17, 2008 at 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home