Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The fantastic 5

Why are we a freak show? Whenever I am dumb enough to take the children somewhere I get stares and comments. One time I was taking Zac to summer school. Just a quick drop off. We run into someone that we know in the parking lot. We stop to say Hi. I roll down the window and he greets Zac. We are talking and he hears Hi's from the back of the car. He then pokes his head in the car and says wow how many kids are in here. I say with a smile oh just mine. He then says alllllllll 5 are innnnn here. I say pissy, yes alllll 5 are in here it's not like we have 500. He chuckles and I chuckle and I think can I run over his foot and make it look like an accident. I have no idea why people and I mean strangers think that they have the right to comment. I know that I am crazy. I am with every fiber of my being trying to keep it together when I take the children out in public. If Justin ever took the children out and someone had a negative comment he probably come back with yeah their all mine do you have a problem with that. When someone says something to me I think I've done something wrong and am not doing a good job of making them behave. The truth-tellin is this... If you see a women with 5 children out in public do the following: 1. Pray for her 2. STAY OUT OF HER WAY and 3. Be glad that it's not you.

3 Comments:

Blogger Josh and Kimmy said...

Hey Brandy! I had to laugh at your story. The joke in my family is that I need a new hobby. When I was pregnant with my baby I was babysitting Lori's newborn as well and I went to the grocery store with the two kids and being very pregnant and a guy looked at me and gave me a dirty look and said "you need to get a new hobby". The clerk was speechless! I wish I would have had something clever to say back to him too but I was too stunned to be witty!

August 9, 2008 at 9:48 AM  
Blogger Josie said...

Haha oh Brandy you're too funny. I'm the youngest of 9, and have heard that number repeated back to me and my mother I don't know how many times. NIIIINE KIDS?

You tell 'em sister!

August 11, 2008 at 8:47 AM  
Blogger skye said...

It is sad how absolutely rude people can be when it comes to the number of kids you have. From the comments to couples who don't have any yet, to the ones that have "a lot", which is usually more than 2. Some people seriously need to mind their own business.

And I'm from a family of 8, so yeah, I've heard it all too.

August 23, 2008 at 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home